Christa has 20 years’ experience as a solicitor, with expertise as a workplace investigator in the NSW public sector and practising in the areas of employment law, discrimination, industrial relations, performance management, workplace investigations, and work health and safety. She has experience in the NSW public sector having worked as the Assistant Crown Solicitor, Employment Law, at the NSW Crown Solicitor’s Office for 7 years. In that capacity she represented clients in industrial disputes, work health and safety prosecutions, discrimination claims, unfair dismissal claims and challenges to restructures and workplace policies.
She has conducted litigation in all jurisdictions from the Local Court to the High Court. Christa is an accredited mediator under the National Mediation Approval Standards and has a Certificate IV in Investigations. She provides training and coaching on workplace and management issues. She recently authored a chapter on managing ill or injured employees for Wolters Kluwer’s Australian Employment Law Guide. Examples of Christa’s recent work include:
- Conducting mediations between 2 employees to resolve conflict resulting from allegations made by one employee against another, which led to investigation, where the employer wanted the employees to be able to work together. The mediations resulted in agreement.
- Conducting interviews and inquiring into complaints of discrimination and preparing responses to the Anti-Discrimination Board or Human Rights Commission.
- Conducting a workplace investigation into allegations of misconduct against a security guard who had absented himself from duty.
- Investigating multiple allegations of timesheet fraud and absence from duty against a number of employees, involving review of technical data, interviews, and drafting investigation reports.
- Conducting workplace investigation of allegations against an employee concerning failure to comply with procurement guidelines.
- Conducting a workplace culture review for a large energy distributor.
- Investigating and reporting on code of conduct complaints for local councils.